Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slack Threaded Replies Not Showing in Jira Service Desk

Indoor Skydive Australia Group June 1, 2021

Hi Team

I’m using the Jira Cloud Slack integration which is connected to idzcorporate.atlassian.net. The issue I found is when I open a within Slack by clicking on More actions + Create issue from, the ticket is created. When I use threaded replies the ticket in Jira Service Desk does not reflect the thread messages.

How do I resolve this? For example, see snip 1 below where I created a Jira ticket and used thread replies

Snip 1

Unknown.png

In Jira, I don’t see those threaded replies, see snip 2 below. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Snip 2

Unknown-1.png 

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2021

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out about getting Slack to update your Jira issues! The screenshots you included are very helpful to understand what you're wanting to accomplish.

To clarify, the Slack thread itself does not enable a 2-way communication between Slack threaded shat and Jira Service Management comments. Meaning, when you create an issue with Slack you'll receive updates of the Jira issue within Slack via the thread, but replies in the thread will not be placed into the Jira issue. To update the Jira issue with a comment you must select 'More Actions' and then select ' Comment', this will allow you to place a comment within the Jira issue.

Source: How do I interact with Jira issues from Slack (aka unfurling)? 

Alternatively, there is another product that may work better for your desired workflow which would be HALP, more information on halp may be found at https://atlassian.slack.com/apps/ADBM44F4G-halp.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events