Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Similar Issues

Khaled Arafat November 8, 2021

Does anybody know if I can get all common issues for 2 months back?

I want to measure with issues or request my client keep placing on our service desk. 

Is that possible to solve within an easy way?

Regards 

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2021

Hi @Khaled Arafat 

Apart from what @Joseph Chung Yin suggested, I would also suggest a solution within Jira. It will involve:

• Creating a JQL
  • Placing a gadget on a dashboard

For starters I would use the following JQL

projectType = service_desk and created >= startOfMonth(-2) AND created < startOfMonth()

to get all my service desks and all issues created within the last two months. Of course you can modify the above to your likings.

Then I would place a gadget on my dashboard (or create a new one. That's up to you) and add a FIlter Count gadget. It has a little work to place all your request types, especially if you have a lot. The final result would look something like that:

filter counts dashboard.png

The above would give you a good idea of the request types your customer creates within the last two months.

If you want more power then either:

Hope something from the above helped you :)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2021

@Khaled Arafat -

You can uses JQL (via issue search) to query the issues associated a specific request type.  I am assuming "all common issues" are associated to a request type that you are looking for.

Here is the JQL example -

project = <your JSM project> and "Customer Request Type" = <your JSM Request Type>

Afterward, you can export the result into CSV and use Excel to further conduct analysis.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Khaled Arafat November 9, 2021

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ @Joseph Chung Yin  

The solution is a combined of your 2 answer the JQL project = "IT service desk" AND "Request Type" = "New equipment (ITSM)" AND created >= startOfMonth(-2) AND created AND created < startMonth().

Thank you 👍

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events