Silent resolve issue

Joanna Bajda March 15, 2021

Hi,

I have an automation set up in my project:

if issue is resolved and customer comment then transition to in progress

to reopen when customer answer on resolved notification email (comment). Is there a way for silent 2nd resolve when this is only "Thank you" answer?

Joanna

1 answer

2 votes
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2021

Hi @Joanna Bajda ,

You could add on option in your automation rule but it will be case sensitive;

By adding the following compare value condition : 

{{issue.comments.last.body}}

does not exactly correspond to regular expression

"Thank you"

Let me know if it helps,

Guilhem

Joanna Bajda March 16, 2021

Hi @Guilhem Dupuy 

Thanks for an answer,

I was thinking about that, but no, I can't use it :( Service Desk will be in two languages, to many room for mistakes. 

I know the best way is to not use an automation and only allows customer to reopen via Portal, but business requirements are different in my case, and I need to offer some workaround for reopening via email. What I have in my mind is:

An automation rule that will clear out customer field while issue reopen - that way JSM technician can resolve without notifying, Con - if issue need to be investigate further, technician will have to add customer and as always there's a chance for human error.

Anything else you can advice? Maybe some add-on?

Joanna

Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2021

What you suggest is actually a pretty good idea, there's always a chance for human error but at least you get rid of the unnecessary notifications.

To avoid human error you could store the name of the customer in another field, and create another automation rule that will put in back in case the issue needs further investigation (triggering the automation when the issue is transitioned to another status for instance).

Unfortunately I don't know any Add-On that could help you on the subject :( 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events