Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing wrong reporter address in jira service desk project!!!!

Yogita Karangula July 7, 2021

Hi I am not suggesting the answer but I am posting my problem in service desk project.

I see wrong reporter after I created a request to our service team. Here is the background information.

I created a request without logging in to the service desk application.

I entered the email address of one of my service team guy's.

Mail went to him but the reporter is not on my address it is created with his address.

Note:

I am an admin for service desk project. But I removed the configurations of default email address of mine.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2021

I’m not sure I’m quite following you here. Are you saying that you created an issue in your JSM project via email or maybe you were using the Widget? Can you explain further exactly what you did here and what the results were?

Yogita Karangula July 8, 2021

Hi Jack,

Yes I created an issue using the Service desk widget to service desk team without logging into the application with my atlassian account id. In the widget there is an email To which the email should go. I entered one of the service desk team member's email id there and submitted the request. 

Instead of showing the reporter name as mine, it showed the name of the service desk guy whom I added in To email id.

Thanks,

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2021

The email in the widget = reporter not assignee. So if you placed the agents email in the field the he will be the reporter.

Like Yogita Karangula likes this
Yogita Karangula July 8, 2021

Then how to correct this Jack, is it giving my email id to display my name as reporter?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2021

forr any issues that were created with the wrong reporter simply go to the detail issue view for those issues click on the reporter and enter the correct user. If the user does not exist you will need to add them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events