Short question: Center text in Customer Notificaton

Hannes September 29, 2020

Hi everybody,

short question: Is there a syntax to center some text in a customer notification. Similar to HTML:

<center> </center>

Thanks a lot!

Hannes

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2020

Hello @Hannes,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

It's possible to change the HTML for customer notifications. I tested here and it works adding the <center> tag.

Go to Project settings > Customer notifications > Edit templates (Classic project) or Project settings > Notifications > Customer notifications > Edit templates (Next-gen project).

On this page, you can add <center> tag to customize the email template.

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 11.29.23.png

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

Hannes October 1, 2020

Hey Angelica,

sorry, but I'm not talking about 'Edit Template', I'm talking about a specific notification like for example the invitation. Here Atlassian does not offer HTML in my opinion. How can I reach a <center> here?

The Use Case: In the mail a phone number schould be displayed centered. We're not talking about the footer.

Best,

Hannes

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2020

Thank you for the details, Hannes.

The invitation email is the only one that is not possible to change the HTML. 

On the Template, it's possible to customize the CSS and HTML for all customer notifications. So if we add <center> to some content there, it will be applied to all notifications, but the invitation one.

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of such ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

If you want all the notifications to have the phone number centralized, you can add on the template, but for now, it won't be applied to the invitation.

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 09.52.29.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events