Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share request with non-customers creates internal user

Andrea Rose September 22, 2020

In our Jira Service Desk Portal it's possible for every customer to share an issue by entering an email-address. For this email a new internal user is created, a welcome notification sent and a login to the portal is possible.

But we don't want our customers only share issues with other customers (not any email-address). What must we do?

1 answer

0 votes
Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2020

Hi @Andrea Rose 

If you want them to only share with internal users, I think you simply need to disable Public singup in the JSD configuration as Jira Admin.

You can find this via the cog wheel on the top right > "Applications" > "Configuration" (under the JSD section in the left column) >"Public singup" > set to "No".

Let me know if that helps.

Kind regards
Jorden

"Public singup" is already "No". 

2020-09-22 12_06_47-Jira Service Desk configuration - JIRA TEST ENVIRONMENT.png

Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2020

Hi @Andrea Rose 

Can you go to the specific project that has this behaviour and check the settings under 'customer permissions' there?

It should allow you to select only users that have an account on Jira.

Another approach is to set it only to customers defined in the project. Then go to the project permissions and add the group that gives application access to Jira to the "Customer" project role.

Kind regards
Jorden

"Customer permissions" seems to be fine.

And what do you mean "Another approach is to set it only to customers defined in the project. Then go to the project permissions and add the group that gives application access to Jira to the "Customer" project role." I think customers shouldn't have application access to Jira. But I'm not sure if I really understand his correct.2020-09-22 13_36_29-Customer permissions - Service Desk.png

Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 22, 2020

Mm, I think I've been mixing things up with "raising" and "sharing" requests.

I think the only limitation you can set on sharing is selecting the "Other customers in their organization". That limits everyone to only use other accounts that they have access to see. But it may not be entirely what you want :/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events