Setting up a service desk customer for mulipule sites with one email address

Carl Trimboli December 1, 2021

Hi All

I need to understand how I can set up a service desk customer who can raise tickets for multiple sites.  I need to be able to reference in service desk how we can ask them to select a site they are raising the ticket for.  Also I do not want this to be selected for customers who only have one site.

Thanks

Carl

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2021

Hello @Carl Trimboli

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I’m not sure I understood your request correctly, so I would like to know if you can share with us an example.

On Jira Service Management Cloud, customer accounts are local, so they need to have one account on each Cloud site so they can access the customer portal to create tickets.

When you say Sites, do you mean different Jira Cloud sites?

Kind regards,
Angélica

Carl Trimboli December 6, 2021

Hi Angelica

yeah I wasn't sure on how to ask the question.

We have a customer who has two different locations (sites) however all their IT is handled by their cooperate office which utilizes the one email address.  Currently when a customer raises a ticket we use their email address to determine where they are raising the ticket for, however with customers that have one email address and different sites we are unable to determine which site they want to raise the ticket for.   how can we set up Jira to allow the customer to advise us on the ticket which site they are wanting to raise the ticket for.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards

Carl

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2021

Thanks for that additional information. It sounds like you need to be capturing what location the customer is referencing.  I would suggest that you add a custom field to the request type as a means to try to capture that.  Details on how to do that are in Customize the fields of a request type.

The advantage of this approach is that the customer can tell you directly which it is when they create a ticket in the customer portal.  The drawback of this approach is that email requests sent directly to that email address won't provide the email sender any way to provide this information directly into that field.  However this is still something I suggest here since this impacts your agent's ability to service these customers, it tends to be in your interest to inform customers that this is information you need to better serve them.  Otherwise your agents need to make an initial response to the customer just to determine which team will work that issue.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events