Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Set attachments as required on request form

Why can't the attachments field be set as required?

I require attachments as they're crucial for this type of support request, sooo......

As a workaround i've put a checkbox which is unchecked as default, this asks the user to check that all required details are attached and this is required so they must tick it to proceed. Yet some users don't attach the images that have been asked for and still tick the box and proceed because people are cool like that.

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 3.29.53 PM.png

2 answers

0 votes

Chris,

You are using a Next-Gen service desk project. In the next gen projects, it appears that you cannot make the attachment field required.

Thanks,

Kian

Yes - Seems odd that Next-Gen (better, more advanced, newer) has lost a feature?

0 votes

Do you have trouble puttting attachements as required ? I tried on a test project and I am able to put this field in mandatory in the request form when i edit fields. Could you try and give us an update please ?

Screenshot 2020-10-23 at 09.16.36.png

What setting is this to make attachments required?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Safe customer notifications in Jira Service Management for compliance and privacy needs

Announcing safe customer notifications in Jira Service Management as a building block for compliance and privacy needs At Atlassian, we understand the increasing need to be assured that your data i...

345 views 1 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you