Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Custom Field Options per Workflow Action

Mayank Kamra July 5, 2022

Hi All

I am creating a new workflow where when users try to regress in a workflow like coming back to 'To Do' from 'In Build' they should enter a reason for it and the reason list should depend on which workflow status the user is regressing to.

I know I can simple achieve this by using workflow properties and add a screen with 'Resolution' system field but then Resolution word is a bit confusing here so I have created a custom field 'Reason', now I am struggling to restrict the list per workflow action.

Here is what I have done so far:

1. Added a behavior with guided workflow and then added a condition for workflow action
2. In the server side script added a script to restrict the options for the field

and then did the same for other workflow actions but for some reason only one of them works and it leads to the list only restricted to the first run behavior.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2022

The workflow properties for restricting resolutions only apply to resolution.

You really should not be trying to replace the resolution field with another field, it's a waste of your time.  You need to be setting the resolution field when issues are closed no matter if you've got another field for it, because Jira looks at the resolution field to see if an issue is resolved or not.

There's a big question here - Why have you set up your resolution field to be "confusing"?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events