ServiceDesk multi user support on client side

Tibád Levente August 25, 2014

Hi,

As I see, the ServiceDesk plugin it is not designed to support the communication with a customer through more than user, because on customer portal there is no possibility to share between the users (from a client) the reqistered request, their status, etc.

Am I wrong? Are you planning such kind of faciltiy in this product? Without this functionality I am afraid JIRA it cannot be used like a helpdesk system, where there are reqistered customers / projects, customer users, and user A can see what user B reported, user A can see the whole request list from the company or can filter just on his list, etc - like how Mantis works.

Levente

3 answers

0 votes
Tibád Levente September 2, 2014

Hey Diego,

Thx for the answer, but Is it possible, that I wasn't totally clear in my previous question.

I am looking for the functionality which suppports the typical software helpdesk workflow, with the following functional requirements:

• there must possibility to define / create distinct clients: this is supported creating different ServiceDesk project for each customer
  • there must be possibility to assign user to the client: this is supported now by setting permissions between user and projects
  • there must be possibility for user A from client X to see automatically and follow the issues reported by user B from client X, but without the possibility to see the issues reported by user from client Y: I think this is not supported at all - I don't see the real possibilities for this functionality. Definining Wathchers on the issues are not real options.

Please advice, it depends on this question and answer the aquisition of the ServiceDesk product.

Regards,

Levente

Tibád Levente September 8, 2014

Hey Diego, Thx for the answer, but Is it possible, that I wasn't totally clear in my previous question. I am looking for the functionality which suppports the typical software helpdesk workflow, with the following functional requirements: there must possibility to define / create distinct clients: this is supported creating different ServiceDesk project for each customer there must be possibility to assign user to the client: this is supported now by setting permissions between user and projects there must be possibility for user A from client X to see automatically and follow the issues reported by user B from client X, but without the possibility to see the issues reported by user from client Y: I think this is not supported at all - I don't see the real possibilities for this functionality. Definining Wathchers on the issues are not real options. Please advice, it depends on this question and answer the aquisition of the ServiceDesk product. Regards, Levente

0 votes
Diego Zarpelon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2014

Hey Tibad.

Actually you can use this kind of functionality just adding some users as Watchers on that issue.

Also you can have groups on it to accomplish that. Take a look here to have more informations on JIRA Service desk groups

0 votes
Diego Zarpelon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2014

Hey Tibad.

Actually you can use this kind of functionality just adding some users as Watchers on that issue.

Also you can have groups on it to accomplish that. Take a look here to have more informations on JIRA Service desk groups

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events