Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service portal restrictions

Heather Thomas August 2, 2022

We have multiple service projects. We do not want our external partners to be able to submit or see the options to create tickets for our internal projects. Would like to do one of the following:

1. Restrict the external partner access to the submit request page where they can submit a request or incident (no access to the help center where all the project options are listed - picture from the second option)

partner requests.pngor

2. Make it so the external partner cannot view the options that are internal. Example picture below. We wouldn't want the partner to be able to view or submit requests from any of the options below except the partner requests. 

Help center.png

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Hodgson August 15, 2022

Hi Heather,

I'd just like to clarify a few things if possible, please?

- How are the partners given access to the portal? (i.e. added or sign up)

- Assuming as of now, if a partner logs in they can see all projects and all request types?

In my experience - we have multiple service desks available (10+) and varying clients that will only see one or more service desks and this is limited through the service desk > project settings > customer permissions - and selecting the "Customers added to this service project only by agents and admins" optionThe clients are then invited/added to an organisation (not specifically require) - to one service desk, and any other service desk they require through the "Customers" tab on each desk/project.

The end result being:

- End client logs into the service portal

- They see either one, (or more), specific service desks that we have granted or given access to specifically

- They cannot see, access or raise anything on a service desk they do not have access to (even navigation through URL, met with "access denied" messages

I'm not sure if this is the exact scenario you're looking for but it sounds vaguely similar.

I hope this helps, and I'm happy to expand/clarify or look at it further if the above doesn't cover everything.

Regards,

Michael

Heather Thomas November 15, 2022

I apologize for the late response. I opened a helpdesk ticket with Jira and was able to get the help I needed. Thanks. 

Like Michael Hodgson likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events