Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Project Access > Anyone on the web & Portal

Pierre Sosa April 29, 2021

Hello,

I'm new to Jira, and am struggling to set up my service project. I have the setting saved such that "Anyone on the web" "can send requests ... via [email] or the portal". The email option works fine: I use an example customer account and send an email, and it shows up as an issue. The portal, however...

When I click the portal link, I am sent to a wonderful page with menu options and messaging prompt. When I share the portal link, "customers" are sent to a Jira log in page. Am I fundamentally misunderstanding what the settings are doing when I expect that "anyone on the web" can access that portal? Do they need to log-in? Is there a description of that limitation that I have failed to find somewhere?

Thank you so much for your help,

Pierre

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

hey @Pierre Sosa  and welcome to the  community!

I suggest taking a look here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-an-open-portal/

what you are looking for sounds like  an open portal to me, where users can sign up to track their requests but they don't have to.

Could you validate the steps laid out in this article?

Pierre Sosa April 29, 2021

Thank you so much! That is exactly what I was looking for.

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events