Service Desk ticket details view - unnecessary fields

Jan Radzikowski June 15, 2021

Hello,

I'm setting up user portal and Service Desk queues to handle reported issues and requests.

I'm using Extension for Jira Service Desk to get access to Dynamic Forms that allows quick and easy Request / Incident form configuration.

I just found out that Service Request tickets show some details that were not supposed to be shown.  
So for example if I use Data Backup Request i created - on the portal it looks good - it present all required fields. But then when i open ticket in Service Desk queue, in details view i can see values for fields from other requests (for example intended for Mailbox access). 
Can't find any place that holds this ticket details configuration.

Attached screenshots:

- portal view1 - that shows request form with all required fields

portal view1.JPG
- portal view2 - that shows details presented to end user after creating ticket (details marked yellow are unintended for this request form and was not presented on above Request Creation form)

portal view2.JPG
-sd ticket view1 -  showing Service Desk agent view of this ticket - again yellow are uninteded details for this request

sd ticket view1.JPG

- admin "where is my field view" - showing some info about this additional fields.
Marked yellow is information that unintended field has a value for this issue - and i have no idea where this value comes from

where is my field view.JPG

I created a list of custom fields that works correctly in different forms. I dont know why these few here are presented between different request forms details view.

Can you please give me a hint where can i look for some configuration that is responsible for showing these details? 

2 answers

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2021

@Jan Radzikowski -

Hi Jan:

Welcome to the Community. You will need to adjust the issue type Screen Scheme associated to your Request Form's issue type (NOTE - this screen scheme is different than your setup for the Request Forms for the portal).   You can access the screen scheme via "Project settings"> Screens

2021-06-15_12-04-15.png

Once in the Screens Scheme UI, access the screens associated with the appropriate issue type, then remove the fields as needed.  When you view the issues in the project UI (not protal UI), the screen is configured/controlled via the project's screen scheme configuration.  In Jira/JSM, there are three basic issue screen setup (CREATE ISSUE, EDIT ISSUE, and VIEW ISSUE).

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Jan Radzikowski June 16, 2021

Hi Joseph, 

Thank you for quick response.

I still need a clarification here.
As far as I understand changing Screens Scheme UI settings will change it globally.

So if i remove "shared mailbox information" field from Request (both create and edit) Screen it will not be presented on "Backup recovery" form but also will be removed for "Mailbox access request" form?

Do i understand it correctly?

I can't understand why different custom fields i created and set the same way are not displayed here and these few marked yellow are?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2021

@Jan Radzikowski -

After re-analyzed your original ask, you need to look at the field in question to see if it is setup with default value or not.  You will need to access Administration > Issues > Custom fields to find out if there is default value configured.  If so, you need to clear out the default value.

I am assuming that your Request Type Form (for the Portal UI) for the different types of request are using the same issue type, thus you cannot have default value setup in those fields.  In Jira/JSM, if a field has no value associated with it, then it will not be displayed in the ISSUE VIEW screen.

You can disregard my original suggestion.  My original suggestion will work if you have different issue types + different screen schemes (not global).

Sorry that I was not clear in my original suggestion.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

0 votes
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 15, 2021

Hi @Jan Radzikowski ,

Please create a ticket on our customer portal. We'll investigate what's going on with our app :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events