Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk shareable with other team

Richard Morgan September 7, 2022

I run a service desk for our IT team and I was wondering if the following is possible. We have several requests that come through to us but are then passed on to another team. We don't want to make that team part of our service desk, but would like them to access the issues that are relevant to them - i.e. only see one of our queues. Is that a possibility?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2022

Hi @Richard Morgan 

Queues restrictions are not possible. Not in that specific sense.

• However you could apply an issue security scheme with certain security levels so as to distinguish which issue your team can view, and which issue can be viewed by the other team member
  • Set the corresponding security levels to all issues
  • Now, you could create a new queue just for them, but this could possible be obsolete, since they will be able to view only the issues with the specific security level.

Read more here:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-security-schemes/

Hope the above helps!

Richard Morgan September 19, 2022

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ Thanks for this. I am struggling through it. I created an issue security level for anyone in the new group. I created a queue for them, but am still unsure how to apply that security level just to that queue so that new group can only see that queue.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2022

You don't apply the security level on the queue. You apply it on issue types via workflow (or jira automation). E.g.

• When you create an issue of type "Task" (which you use to create a specific request type)
  • Apply this specific security level
  • Then you have to find the way to change that security level to another one, which will satisfy your condition. E.g. you transition the issue to 2nd level support (meaning you pass it to the other team), and via that specific transition you apply the second level, which grants issue visibility to the second team.
Richard Morgan September 20, 2022

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ OK, understood. But how do I apply a security level to an issue type? It is not straightforward any of this.

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2022
Richard Morgan September 21, 2022

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ That's the one you referenced before. Unfortunately it does not help with my question: it does not explain how to associate an issue security scheme with a certain issue type!

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 22, 2022

@Richard Morgan if you have read the documentation you would know that:

• You can apply manually a security level to an issue 
  • You can set a default one in the issue security scheme (all issues will have by default this level)

Apart from the above, to apply a specific security level based on issue type you can: 

• create a jira automation to edit the issue on creation and apply the corresponding security level based on the issue type (if/then/else)
  • create a post function to each workflow of all issue types you want to impose a security level, with which you edit the issue and apply that level
Richard Morgan September 23, 2022
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 24, 2022

@Richard Morgan kindly mark my answer as accepted in order to help others with similar questions. Thanx!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events