Service Desk project invite user error

Aldo Cauchi Savona February 8, 2021

Hi,

I'm adding a company user to the service desk project (as user cannot make a workflow needed transition) and service desk is overriding the project permissions.

I did the invite earlier to another user no problem, but for the current user when I click the Invite 1 person button I am getting the following error:

com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException: org.springframework.ldap.NoPermissionException: [LDAP: error code 50 - 00002098: SecErr: DSID-03150F94, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0 ]; nested exception is javax.naming.NoPermissionException: [LDAP: error code 50 - 00002098: SecErr: DSID-03150F94, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0 ]; remaining name 'cn=service-desk-agents,ou=groups,ou=atlassian,ou=nrmt-srv,dc=netrefer,dc=loc'

Is the insufficient access rights error being given because I do not have them or the user? And what can i do to remove the error and invite the user?

The user is a company user and not a customer.

We have 34 more user agent licenses left, so we have not exceeded the user mit for sure...

2 answers

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

FYI,

Checkout this via the log, you may be able to solve the issue.

Administration > System > Troubleshooting and Support > Logging and Profiling and setting crowd.atlassian.com to DEBUG

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

Hi @Aldo Cauchi Savona

Seems you have integrated LDAP, please check whether the user is present in the LDAP directory and synchronization is proper.

Here's a KB Article that might help,

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-server-fails-to-connect-to-crowd-with-crowd-user-management-rest-service-error-780867184.html

Thanks,
Pramodh

Aldo Cauchi Savona February 8, 2021

Thanks, will speak to IT as LDAP and synchronisation is in heir hands

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events