Service Desk Request: channel is set to "unknown"

Cristina Baciu March 9, 2021

Hello,

we import data into Jira Service Desk using a csv file; after import we notified that the Request channel is set to "unknown".

When a new Request is created via portal, the channel is properly set to "portal".

How can  this channel property be set to "portal" during import via csv?

How can we update the value of the already imported tickets from "unknown" to "portal"?

Many thanks in advance

Cristina Baciu

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2021

I'm unsure if it is possible TBH but have not attempted. The field is request-channel-type but that is not editable AFAIK so I suspect it is not available for importing. you can try to add a column for that field and see if there is an option to map it to the RCT.

Hi Jack,

unfortunately it does not work. I get the message:

image.png

thanks

Cristina

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2021

sort of what I suspected. this field is not editable. you could consider opening a request w/ Atlassian Support. Maybe they will open a suggestion for this. I found some similar issues in JAC like - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-1215 

I'm not able to create a ticket/support to Atlassian Support. Every path redirects me to Community.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events