Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk - Priority name that should be visible to Customer ?

DeepakMurugesan September 21, 2020

is there a way we could assign an additional priotity type "Blocker" just on the internal Service Desk? Example: a customer may rate a problem "Critical", but we internally may then "upgrade" this to a "blocker". Customer shouldnt be able to choose "Blocker" in his customer portal, though

Similar to Workflow status, where we can rename the status , so if is different on portal but internally it is different

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2020

@DeepakMurugesan the best way would be to create a  Priority Scheme and make the blocker as default for that issue type.

Maybe there is a misunderstanding of my requirement.

My expected setting is,

1. Customer sees only 3 Priority values (low , med , high)

2. But internal team can upgrade the Priority high to blocker. so internally it is seen as blocker and for customer it is shown as high.

3. Ideally you have 4 priorities , but only 3 are visible in customer portal

Is this possible ?

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2020

@DeepakMurugesan this can be done through script runner under behavior section

That is good to know @Fahad Siddiqui  . can you kindly guide me with the steps or resources of setting up the script runner ? I am not well versed it

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2020

Dear @DeepakMurugesan if you are from development backroad then i would prefer to work on script runner, here you go for details,.https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.5.8/jira/quickstart.html

or there is one more option if you like.

Create priority field with 3 Priority values (low , med , high) which will be on customer portal.

Create another filed with Priority 1 or what name you would prefer. with value critical

and add it on edit screen. so that support can select critical if they want to change.

for temporary you can go with this solution.

or else if you can understand script runner that you can get what you are looking for easily,.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events