Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate notification schemes for Issue Types in JIRA SD?

Tony Montana
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2022

Is it possible or not? I think it will be very useful! 

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2022

Have a skim through the issues at https://jira.atlassian.com - a search for 

text ~ "notification scheme" AND summary ~ "issue type" AND resolution != duplicate

Nets about 20, of which I think 5 are about notification schemes by issue type.  They're all closed with "no one is interested in this" type comments - on the 5 issues, there's a grand total of 2 votes!

However, you can actually do it.  If you have an app that provide email functions, you can code email sends into your workflow or with listeners (and workflows can be different for different issue types, and both can look at the issue type to decide whether and what to send)

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2022

Hi @Tony Montana welcome to the Atlassian community.

Thank you for suggesting a feature. I would request you to post on Atlassian product advice page for review.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events