Separate customer permissions for portal and email submissions

Chris Adams July 6, 2020

Is there a way to make the customer permissions for the service desk portal different from the permissions for email requests?

I have several service desk projects, all under one organization, representing multiple branches of the org. I would like to limit customers at each branch to see only the service desk portal(s) relevant to them. However, I want to keep the email permissions wide open, since sometimes people email our help desk using their personal email addresses (for instance, if they're on their phone, or their work email isn't working).

I'm not seeing a way to accomplish this in Jira Service Desk. Is there a way to do it, or is there an open feature request I can vote for?

2 answers

0 votes
Chris Adams October 30, 2020

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? I can't be the only one who wants to have different portal permissions from what I have for the email permissions. I also created a feature request for this, but have seen no activity. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-9354

0 votes
Mariana_Pryshliak_SaaSJet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2020

Hello @Chris Adams 

Did you read this discussion?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Portal-permissions/qaq-p/1034085

If didn't, it would be helpful for you.

Best regards, Mariana

Chris Adams July 6, 2020

Thanks, Marianna,

That doesn't quite answer my question. I know how to manage access via the customer permissions page. What I'm trying to do is have different access for my portal than I do for email submissions. That doesn't appear to be an option on that page, or anywhere else that I have found. I'm hoping someone can point me to a workaround, app add-on, or feature request, since I don't believe this capability currently exists in Jira Service Desk.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events