cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending events to external customers

Pavel Trávníček
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 23, 2024

Hello,

I am solving a problem, namely the need to register customers in the Jira Service Management portal. I have found a similar issue within the community where registration of external customers is required due to legislation, which I guess is understandable, although I have not encountered this with any service application. But if registration is required, I don't understand:

When I create an account for a customer in the administration, they get an email in Attlassian colors with the English text "Admin invited you to join them in Jira Service Management". Since I am not from an English speaking country, this is a problem. Moreover, if the sender is Attlassian, the mail will end up in the customer's spam folder somewhere.

Likewise, when a customer sends an email with a request, he gets an email in English with a Jira Service Management header saying that he has to visit a URL he doesn't actually know to complete the request, which logically he doesn't click again.

Unfortunately this makes Jira unusable for me, which is very frustrating as it is a great tool. In the past I used ZenDesk for service, where no customer registration was required, now I use ClickConnector, also there is no registration.

Unfortunately I don't really understand this approach, where it is not possible to make the registration as simple as possible. Even if there are some personalization options in the project settings (albeit in a paid account), still even the default template for the invitation is not followed by the system.

Sorry for the probably unnecessary post and I'm going to go back to my current solution after three days of setting everything up.

Regards,
Pavel Travnicek

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders