cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Google Drive Attachments via Jira Cloud Service Desk

Jacob Carnall October 7, 2020

Hi Community!

Hoping someone can help me with this!

I've got my Google Drive integrated with Jira. When I attach a file to the email that I'm sending, it appears like an attachment. However what the customer receives is a link to download which requires them to sign into the helpdesk portal. 

Is it possible to attach the physical file? If so, what steps to set this up and are there any limits? Or is it possible to allow the file to be downloaded without requiring sign in? 

Cheers! 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2020

Hello Jacob,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When it comes to Customer notifications, images, and other types of files will show as an inline preview, but when the customer clicks to expand the image or to open a file, they will be redirected to the customer portal to login.

Currently, that's the only way for customers to view and download attachments, they must access the portal for that.

There is a feature request suggesting this improvement:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Jacob Carnall October 13, 2020

Thanks for getting back @Angélica Luz - I’ll view the improvement now. :)

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2020

We support placing attachments directly into the customer email in Notification Assistant for Jira I am not sure if this will work with your Google Drive source, but native Jira attachments definitely work. 

Jacob Carnall October 13, 2020

Thanks so much for your reply @Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority 

I didn’t even think of the marketplace! :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events