Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender's Name of the Service Management Notifications

Jonas Tornéus July 6, 2021

I've just started using Jira Service management and trying to change the senders name for the notifications. In my case it isn't the setting Project settings > Portal settings > Name that is used as name. Email address is the standard <jira@xxxx.atlassian.net> but the name is "First name"  "Last name" (Jira) of the administrator that created the project (or where ever Jira get that name from).

Can someone help me?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2021

I suspect that these “notifications“ are coming from automation not from the standard event trigger. If it comes from the standard events then it will be the user that triggered the event. If it is automation, specifically legacy automation, then the rule is run as the creator of the rule unless otherwise specified.

if you have the correct permissions then go in the project settings/automation/legacy automation and check the rules there and see if my theory is correct or not.

Great Jack!
There is a Legacy Automation rule that change status when customer or agent respond to an issue. I see that the creator of the project is logging a lot here. I guess we have the culprit.

Looks like a new "regular" Automation was created by me when I opened the Legacy one. Will the issue disappear when I use the newer version of Automation instead of the Legacy Automation or will it be I sending the notifications now?

Thanks!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2021

It may now indicate “automation” as the sender but I think you can influence  that and specify the one who triggers.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events