Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Sender's Name of the Service Management Notifications

I've just started using Jira Service management and trying to change the senders name for the notifications. In my case it isn't the setting Project settings > Portal settings > Name that is used as name. Email address is the standard <jira@xxxx.atlassian.net> but the name is "First name"  "Last name" (Jira) of the administrator that created the project (or where ever Jira get that name from).

Can someone help me?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey Community Leader Jul 06, 2021

I suspect that these “notifications“ are coming from automation not from the standard event trigger. If it comes from the standard events then it will be the user that triggered the event. If it is automation, specifically legacy automation, then the rule is run as the creator of the rule unless otherwise specified.

if you have the correct permissions then go in the project settings/automation/legacy automation and check the rules there and see if my theory is correct or not.

Great Jack!
There is a Legacy Automation rule that change status when customer or agent respond to an issue. I see that the creator of the project is logging a lot here. I guess we have the culprit.

Looks like a new "regular" Automation was created by me when I opened the Legacy one. Will the issue disappear when I use the newer version of Automation instead of the Legacy Automation or will it be I sending the notifications now?

Thanks!

Jack Brickey Community Leader Jul 06, 2021

It may now indicate “automation” as the sender but I think you can influence  that and specify the one who triggers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events