Send approval notification only to the corresponding user

Alejandro Rubio Rubio December 2, 2022

Good afternoon, I would like to create an automation or modify the client notification so that the notification only reaches the user with whom the approvers field has been filled in, not all the users who are in that group

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2022

Hi @Alejandro Rubio Rubio ,

Welcome to the community !!

In your Jira service management, set Approval step as mentioned in https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-approvals/

Once this setup is done, go to your project settings --> Customer notifications --> Edit Approval required. Add only the Approvers field into the "To" list.

image.png

Alejandro Rubio Rubio December 4, 2022

Good morning, yes, thank you very much for your help.
But I need that field to be dynamic with respect to the value that is given to the approvers field, each time the notification should reach a different person depending on the value that the approvers field has.

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2022

If you setup as I described in my previous comment, the notification email will be sent only to the user who is added to the approver field. i.e. It will be dynamic.

Alejandro Rubio Rubio December 5, 2022

I can't get the approval email to only be sent to a single user, it is sent to all those who belong to the approvers field

I show you my configuration:

Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2022

Remove the users list in the configuration. Keep it empty. 

Once the ticket is created by user, add required users in approvers field of the ticket and transition the ticket to Approval required status. This will only send notification to user in approver field of the ticket. 

If I keep that field empty, there are no possible users to selectScreenshot_3.png

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2022

Hi @Alejandro Rubio Rubio ,

Is it possible for you to send screenshot by changing Language to English ? And also full page screenshot along with transition where you have enabled the Approval step

Hi @Rilwan Ahmed 

of course

Screenshot_4.pngScreenshot_5.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS