Send Number(List) of Tickets Waiting for Response to Client

Austin Songer February 21, 2021

I work at a SOC and I want to make a automation that sends a email to the "Request participants" with a list of all of the open tickets that are in the status "Waiting for Customer," but I also only want the single tickets or parent tickets sent..

• Sometimes we get multiple tickets created that are related to the original so we link them all to the original and in this case I would only want the parent of the child tickets to be counted in the email

The other issues that we have multiple clients and we want to automation to work for all clients, but if it is not possible then I will make one separately for each client. I want the tickets that show up to the clients only be tickets that belong to them and not other clients as well.

I want the email to list every single open ticket for the client that is in "Waiting for Customer" (NOTE: No child tickets)

Email Context Parameters

```

{{#lookupIssues}}
* {{key}} - {{summary}}
{{/}}

```

CURRENT AUTOMATION

• IGbyEmi

1 answer

0 votes
Sherry Goyal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2021

Hello,

For first part of the question, to be able to pull up a parent ticket, I would say try refining JQL a bit. See if this helps.

For this part of question:

I want the tickets that show up to the clients only be tickets that belong to them and not other clients as well.

We do have an improvement ticket in our backlog. In the meantime, I would recommend to create separate rules. Apologies.

Cheers
Sherry

Austin Songer February 24, 2021

I just don't want child tickets showing up in the email.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events