Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Send Notifications Based on An Issue Type for a Project in Jira Cloud

We are trying to have an email notification sent out when a ticket of a specific issue type is created. We've followed this documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/send-notifications-based-on-issue-type-for-a-project-in-jira-server-678559814.html but the person who created the ticket and I are the only ones notified. I tried using the notification helper to determine what the problem was and it showed that the single users that I added to the notification scheme did not have permission to be notified about the ticket.

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 11.55.23 AM.png

After i did each step i made sure the draft was published and changes were applied. I was wondering if there was a simpler way to accomplish this task, we tried using jira automation as well but ran into permission where people we wanted to share with were given too much access. I have more screenshots on hand if there are any questions, thank you.

1 answer

Hi Spencer,

First, make sure that your user has access to see that ticket. SO the easiest way to go, is to access that ticket CIT-3629 -> access the admin button on the top -> permission helper, and first grant him rights to the ticket.

After that, if you set up the notification schema with access for him, he's gonna get emails.

-Albert

Hi Albert,

Why do they need to have permission to view the ticket if we just want them to be notified that the ticket was created? 

-Spencer

In this case, i see that you're on Cloud, use Automation for Jira to inform that users that a new ticket has been created.

Like Spencer Karrat likes this

ok we will try automation again

@Spencer Karratif you don;t succeed, let me know and i can help you step by step.

Some help would be appreciated because i'm not sure if using automation is the best solution

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

656 views 5 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you