Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

See average requests received by hour of day

Anthony Polakos May 26, 2022

I'm looking to create a report to see when the busiest time of day is for our service desk requests to better schedule coverage.

I can't seem to find any reporting to let me enter a date range and have it show me how many requests were received on average each hour of the day in that range. (This would be based on the issue creation time).

Any thoughts on how that could be accomplished?  Thanks much!

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2022

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for reaching out.

I believe the Created vs Resolved chat might give you the information you need. You can follow the steps below to properly configure this gadget as you need:

1. First, create a JQL filter to return all the issues you want to be considered in the report - Ignore this step If ALL the issues of a single project should be considered.
  2. Navigate to your dashboard and click to add a new gadget
  3. Add the gadget Created vs Resolved Chart
  4. Select the filter/project you want for the chart and set the Period to be "Hourly"

P.S: This gadget can only be configured to get data from the previous 10 days if you select the period as hourly. 

If you want to get data for older tickets, then I would recommend exporting your issues to CSV. Then, you can use some external spreadsheet software to get the time the issues were created and make a graphic considering that value.

Let us know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events