Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

See average requests received by hour of day

I'm looking to create a report to see when the busiest time of day is for our service desk requests to better schedule coverage.

I can't seem to find any reporting to let me enter a date range and have it show me how many requests were received on average each hour of the day in that range. (This would be based on the issue creation time).

Any thoughts on how that could be accomplished?  Thanks much!

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for reaching out.

I believe the Created vs Resolved chat might give you the information you need. You can follow the steps below to properly configure this gadget as you need:

1. First, create a JQL filter to return all the issues you want to be considered in the report - Ignore this step If ALL the issues of a single project should be considered.
  2. Navigate to your dashboard and click to add a new gadget
  3. Add the gadget Created vs Resolved Chart
  4. Select the filter/project you want for the chart and set the Period to be "Hourly"

P.S: This gadget can only be configured to get data from the previous 10 days if you select the period as hourly. 

If you want to get data for older tickets, then I would recommend exporting your issues to CSV. Then, you can use some external spreadsheet software to get the time the issues were created and make a graphic considering that value.

Let us know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Coming Soon: Insight Changing to Assets

The 2020 acquisition of Mindville added powerful asset and configuration management capabilities to Jira Service Management in the form of Insight. Following the completion of that integration, custo...

435 views 3 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you