Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scriptrunner behavours only working in the portal

Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
May 25, 2022

We have tried writing a few scriptrunner behaviours to hide fields and set default values for fields in JSM projects, but they only seem to work in the portal, not for issues created in JSM from the agent view. Is this expected behaviour? I can find nothing in the documentation that indicates this should be the case.

e.g. My behviour config (project mapping is for a service desk project):

image.png

The portal request with the description text added:

image.png

Thanks, Linda

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2022

@Linda Milne_Togetha Group_ -

Hi Linda:

Yes in your first question.  In regards to your second question, it seems your condition setup is incorrect - It is setup to hide the priority field only for members of the jira-administration group.  Is that your intention?

Please advise.

Best, Joseph

Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
May 25, 2022

Yes, we were testing it on priority. But if I switch to a custom field it works.

Thanks, you filled in the missing pieces of my knowledge.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2022

@Linda Milne_Togetha Group_ -

Hi Linda:

For your Behavior setup, if you want it function when one creates issues via the project UI (agent view), then you need to make sure that your project mapping associated with your Behavior setup includes the appropriate issue types.  

I believe the reason why it is working with your request type form (Portal UI), it is because your project mapping only called out your specific request form types.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Solutions Partner
May 25, 2022

We're using the following mapping:

image.png

Do we need to do a project / issuetype mapping as well?

Solutions Partner
May 25, 2022

... OK, yes, working for settting the description, but still not working for hiding fields. Is there some other secret to hiding fields?

image.png

Is it for custom fields only? If I hide a custom field it seems to work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events