Same Incidents showing in all projects in 'early access ITSM features' - can't isolate projects

Philip Cooke August 19, 2020

HI.

We're looking at using early access ITSM features but noticed a surprising behavior:

I have two separate projects in Jira Service Desk representing two different customers. We want to keep them isolated from each other and that is possible within service desk and with regards to the Alerts created and synchronized within Opsgenie. However, If an Incident is created in Opsgenie it is automatically picked up as a Major Incident in both of the Jira Service desk projects even though only one project is associated with the integration which created the alerts associated with the incident.

Is there any way to control which Jira service desk project will see which Opsgenie Incidents ? That is, can we associate incidents with particular Opsgenie/Service desk project integrations. If not then it appears to break the isolation between different service desk projects and hence between customers, which would be a problem. It would at least mean that we can't use the 'ITSM early access' project template which is a pity because it is a very useful feature to be able to link service desk tickets to the incident and show incidents in the service desk project.

2 answers

1 vote
Liron
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2020

Hey Philip, thanks for posting on community!

My name is Liron and I am a product manager on Jira Service Desk.

Totally understand your problem, and since this is the early access program we would love to talk to customers like yourself to understand this usecase better in order to figure out what exactly are the needs there.

Are you able to jump on a zoom call with me sometime next week? 

Thanks!

Liron

Philip Cooke September 3, 2020

Hi Liron,

sure. Let me know when suits,

Best regards,

Philip

PRAJESH KOLLATH July 27, 2021

Was any solution arrived at ? I could also see the Opsgenie major incidents showing up in all the  service management projects. Could anyone help to figure out why this is so ?

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2020

Hi Philip,

I understand that you are using Opsgenie with Jira Service Desk Cloud here, but that alerts from Opsgenie appear to be getting created within two different Jira Service Desk projects for the same event.

I am not sure how exactly this is happening here.  When setting up the integration in Opsgenie, there are options in order to specify the project key used for when Opsgenie is creating issues, as mentioned in https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/jiraservicedesk-integration and as seen in this screenshot:

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 11.07.40 AM.png

I would be interested to learn more about your environment and your configuration of Opsgenie here.    Perhaps with some additional information about how this is setup on your side we can better understand the behavior here.

Andy

Philip Cooke August 26, 2020

Hi Andy,
thanks for the reply.
The problem is not that alerts from Opsgenie are getting created in two different projects, but that Incidents created in Opsgenie for alerts generated with a jira service desk integration configured for the ITSM_demo project (project key 'ID') are showing as Major incidents in that project within jira service desk (which is fine)

but are also showing in the MgdSvc project in jira service desk (project key 'MGDSVC') which should be unrelated and whose Opsgenie integration is separate. 

The alerts from this project integration are not associated with this Incident and so I would have expected that with the 'early access ITSM features' project template the Major incidents would only show up in the jira service desk projects for the proper project key based integration, keeping projects (which could be associated with different customers) isolated.
Hope that helps clarify the problem a bit.
Thanks and best regards,
Philip

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events