Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA type of data

Gustavo Cardoso Ferreira November 19, 2021

When I extract the data on a excel spreadsheet the SLA column is not in a hour format, the cell is on general format. Is it possible to change that? So I can work with the data in Power BI.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 2, 2021

@Gustavo Cardoso Ferreira 

The cell type settings for date/time and other data types are indeed not configurable in the built-in Excel option. This is one of the shortcomings of Jira Cloud for Excel.

If this is important for you, one viable alternative is Better Excel Exporter that allows you to configure the date format and any other exported data type in the Excel result.

Read more about it in the Documentation >>

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a supported and paid app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2021

Hi @Gustavo Cardoso Ferreira ,

Not quite sure but the hour format is by default for me when I download as an excel straight from my filter in Jira.

I'm using Microsoft excel for Mac version 16.

Thanks,

Ben

Gustavo Cardoso Ferreira November 22, 2021

Hi @Benjamin 

When I export the data, the SLA column comes with the info of 5h 30m for example.

And it comes with the text format. So when I select the cells of the column Excel just counts them.

Is there a way to export the data as minutes?

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2021

Hi @Gustavo Cardoso Ferreira ,

It is not configurable. It is exported as it is. Any conversion will need to be done on the excel side.

-Ben

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events