Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA is including incorrect issue types

Erica Rodgers December 7, 2021

Hi all :) 

I'm having difficulties with our SLA settings. The SLA should only be applied to issuetype = Support. I have specifically set anything that does not = Support to have no target set. But it appears that the SLA will also apply to any issue that was type Support in the past. We want the SLA to be applied to only issues that currently have the Support issuetype applied.

Any assistance will be gratefully received!

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sandesh Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2021

@Erica Rodgers 

You can mention jql as issutype = Support and created >= "2021-12-08". You can change the date as per your usecase.

@Sandesh Shetty Thank you so much for your reply! I'm not sure I understand though. We want to set the SLA once and not ever amend it. Would this solution require us to constantly update the date? I'm new to this so I really appreciate your patience! 

Sandesh Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2021

@Erica Rodgers 

As you mentioned in the question "You dont want to include past issues". So here you can mention a date so that this SLA applicable only for those issues created after the specific date. It will be one time configuration. 

Like Erica Rodgers likes this

@Sandesh Shetty Sorry I don't think I have explained myself very well! This issue is that I have explicitly excluded all other issue types as we want to track the SLA against 'Support' issue type only.

But the SLA is also being applied to some issues with the type 'Bug' for some reason (only some issues). I can't figure out why this is. The only reason I can think is that the Bug used to be a Support issue previously... But I could be (likely!) incorrect in my thinking.

So to be clear, we want the SLA to include only issues that are currently assigned the 'Support' issue type and no other issues.

Have I configured the SLA correctly?

Many thanks!

Sandesh Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2021

@Erica Rodgers 

The SLA configuration looks fine, no changes required!

image.png

@Sandesh Shetty Thanks again for your help! Do you think I have a bug here then??

Sandesh Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2021

@Sandesh Shetty  OK, thanks again for your assistance!!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events