Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA - Time to first response - Won't change SLA times

Nilsen_ Kim May 9, 2022

Hi,

We use Service management Cloud to handle tickets and use time to first response to measure our tickets. 

I have created a Priority triage with JIRA automation to help set our priorities which the SLA are measured against. After creating this automation the SLA's are only landing on 4h, whatever the priority of the case. 

We use Incidents and Servie Requests with JIRA.

Time to Goal are 4h,8h,16h,40h. 

JIRA1.png

JIRA4.png

The Priority triage is an automation which valdidates two custom fields and based on that sets the status. 

When issue created > Check two fields > if they equal the two fields set status > if not check next combination.

This automation works and sets the priority we want on the ticket.

JIRA2.png

In the beginning i had the SLA to start on issue created which i though was the issue, so i changed the workflow of the project to add a "priority triage" status which the automation would run, and after the automation would then transition to status OPEN. 

I then changed the SLA to start counting when "Entered status OPEN". However the tickets will still always have 4h time to resolution (even though the priority of the case was set to medium which should equal 16h). 

Workflow:

JIRA3.png

Could anyone assist me in where it is going wrong and which JIRA is stopping on the first goal of our SLA's? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nilsen_ Kim May 11, 2022

I solved this by splitting the SLA JQL rows per issuetype. So i would have 1 line with 4h issuetype = incident AND priority critical

And another line with 4h = issuetype "Service Request AND priority Critical

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2022

i would be interested in seeing the history of an issue being created thru the automation. BTW, what is the default status on issue created.

Nilsen_ Kim May 10, 2022

JIRA5.png

The default is set to Medium which should equal 16h according to the SLA's. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events