Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule runs correctly other than clone

Jim Stewart November 27, 2020

I'm providing a screenshot of my rule. It works fine to the point of assigning someone. But the clone part never works. What am I missing? The audit log isn't much help. Clone.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petr A November 27, 2020

@Jim Stewart 
Can you pls show Actions Details in the audit log?Screenshot_31.png

I found something interesting. Every time I'd create an issue, the log would show me a different rule than the one I thought I was running. So every time that happened I would turn that rule off. I had to turn 2 of them off to get the one I wanted to run. Not sure what that means unless my rules are somehow conflicting with each other. So that's a new problem.

Once I did get the rule to run that I actually wanted, it again assigned the right person but, well, you can see the results in the log.

So now there are two problems - one is that sometimes other rules take precedence over the one I expect to run and the second is that the rule does not clone a ticket to my IT project help desk. 

Audit log.jpg

Petr A November 27, 2020

@Jim Stewart 
One of the situations where this error occurs is the issue type, make sure that the cloned project has the correct issue type.
Screenshot_32.png
For the first question, try to enable this on the both of the rules, may be it can solve your problem
Screenshot_33.png

That seems to work. It's cloning over to the IT help desk unassigned. Is that what I should expect? I'm not quite sure why they want to clone it there or even if it *should* be assigned there. If so, is that another condition?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events