cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule actor wrong, strange problem - Jira Cloud

Arnar Símonarson August 4, 2022

Hello,

I have a strange problem.

In one of our new projects in JSM a rule is triggered when comments are added. E.g. When status is Waiting For Customer and a customer adds a comment, the rule sets the status to In Progress.

The rule is Global at the moment and the rule actor is set to the default "Automation for Jira". The rule is automatically triggered (not manual).

The problem is, for this project in a ticket we tested, the displayed rule actor is wrong inside the Issue history. It says that one of our admins changed the status of the ticket and as a result, it sends a customer notification in the name of the admin instead of "Automation for jira".

I have triple checked that the correct rule is triggered by checking the Automations -> Rule Executions history inside the Issue and i have also triple checked the rule actor inside that automation.

I wondered if I needed to add "Automation for Jira" user to People inside the project but it seems I cannot locate the user. For good measure, I added the group "system-admins" as administrators on the project but it did not resolve the problem.

For extra information, the rule owner is not this specific admin, it's me.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Regards, Arnar

Edit:

If I try create an additional Manually triggered automation that adds a comment to the issue and have the Rule Actor as "Automation for Jira" then the comment author correctly displays the author as "Automation for Jira".

Edit2:

I found the issue. It seems there was an additional automation in Legacy Automations that was causing this problem.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events