Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule Automation Sending Two Errors for Pull Request Merge

Josh Topel August 27, 2020

We have a rule automation rule that triggers on a pull request merge via Github and transitions an issue into new status. I have received two separate errors for this automation. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 11.36.30 AM.png

Error #1 No transitions found for user. Ensure that the rule actor has permission (including issue security levels) to see issue and perform transitions.

I have checked permissions on the project and atlassian-addons-project-access is the rule actor for the github integration and this has 1st class permissions for everything.

I also checked the issue security of which we have not enabled that on our project.

Error #2 Destination status could not be resolved. If using a smart-value ensure this resolves to a numeric status ID or untranslated name for issues (with current status):

I have no idea what to look for on this one.

I have not been able to get a successfully automation for this rule. I look forward to any help.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2020

Hello @Josh Topel

Thank you for reaching out.

Can you confirm if you are using a Next-gen or Classic project?

The errors returned to you usually happens when the workflow does not allow the current status of your issue to transition to the destination status (AWAITING UAT). In other words, to allow the automation to transition the issue to the status "AWAITING UAT", your workflow must have a transition between the issue status and the destination one.

Please, check the steps below to confirm if the scenario above is matched:

1. Navigate to the issue where the linked pull request was merged but not triggered the automation
  2. Check its current status and if you are able to manually transition it to "AWAITING UAT".
  3. Also, check if there are any required fields that must be filled before the transition since it can block the automation from being performed
  4. If there are required fields, make sure they are filled before running the automation
  5. Navigate to Project settings > Workflow > Edit > Click to edit the workflow related to your issue
  6. Check if a transition is properly configured between the current issue status and "AWAITING UAT"
  7. Check if there are any Conditions or Validators that must be blocking the transition
  8. Navigate to project settings > Permissions and doublecheck if the role atlassian-addons-project-access is added to the Transition issue permission.
  9. Type GG > Project roles and check if the automation user is properly added to the role atlassian-addons-project-access

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events