Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict component list for a Request Type

Ianis December 2, 2020

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if it's possible to restrict the components list for a request type.

For example,

My of components are : Jira, Airtable, Outlook, Excel.
My Request types are :

• Bugs in Jira,
  • Bugs in Outlook,
  • Others bug.

For "Bugs in Jira", i hide the field Components and preset Jira -> Easy. Same thing for "Bugs in outlook".

For "Others bug" i show the field Components and i would like that my customer choose between "Airtable" or "Excel". 

I know there are alternative like using a custom field, but i'd rather use the components field.

Thanks for your help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2020

Hello @Ianis,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When it comes to Request types and a System field like Components, it's not possible to restrict the values to show only some of them for specific request types.

I understand that you used those as an example, but if you indeed have few request types and components on your project, since there are, for example, 3 request types and 4 components, you can create a new request type for Excel, edit the existing one to Airtable and do the same you did for Bugs in Jira and Outlook. So you can hide the field and set the default value. 

Other than that, only using custom fields or using an automation rule to edit the field Components based on the summary and description. (Project settings > Automation > Automation).

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 16.05.02.png

Regards,
Angélica

Ianis December 4, 2020

Hello @Angélica Luz ,

Thank you very much for your answer :)

I'll probably go for a request type for each components. But you're automation rule is a good alternative, i'll think about it.

Thanks again and have a nice day :)

Regards,

Ianis

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS