Restrict a user from queues

Haukebö - Gammalt konto July 2, 2018

Hi all,

I have an agent who actually is a consultant and is suppose to work on issues assigned to a certain group. I have set up a queue where issues assigned to this group will appear.

Since the agent is an consultant, i would like her to only see the queue that her issues will appear in, and restrict her from seeing all the other queues. It's that possible?

I'm quite new to Jira, and from searching around i could not find anything on this matter.

Br,
Mattias

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2018

It is not possible out of the box. You would need a plugin for it:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216386/queues-for-jira-service-desk?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Haukebö - Gammalt konto July 3, 2018

@Alexey Matveev Thank's for the quick reply. I have looked at that plugin before and it got some interesting features, might give it a go.

Br,

Mattias

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 16, 2018

Hi @Haukebö - Gammalt konto,

I'm from Deviniti. I hope that our app solved your problem. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me :)

Cheers,

Kate

Like mcaron likes this
Mattias Haukebö August 20, 2018

Hi @Katarzyna

Thank's, we might look into your app during the fall.

Br,
Mattias

1 vote
Andreas Lärkfeldt October 1, 2020

+1

0 votes
Madhu Reddy November 12, 2018

Hi @Katarzyna @Alexey Matveev

In my JSD.

I have created new Queue.

Added Project, issue Type, group to the Queue.

I only want my group members to view& access the issues in that queue.

But All the users are having access to the issues in that Queue.

How to over come this issue. 

Andre Bremer November 28, 2018

Hello, there,

I have a similar problem.
I want a queue to be accessible to only one group.
However, this group should not have access to any of the other queues from the addon and Jira.

I hope you can help me here.

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 30, 2018

@Madhu Reddy, access to issues is set by permissions in Jira.

@Andre Bremer, in our Queues app you can define which Jira groups will have an access to the queue. But remember that if you want to limit the access to these issues in Jira, you must set a proper permission to issues, projects, etc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events