Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Jira Form Access

twilliams June 14, 2021

Hi all, is it possible to restrict access on Service Desk internal Jira Forms? if possible  How?

1 answer

0 votes
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2021

Hi twilliams,

The Portal forms are restricted to those set as customers for that project. Can you give additional information about your particular configuration, what your definition of 'restrict access' is, and anything else that might allow the community to answer effectively. Cheers!

twilliams June 14, 2021

Hello Josh, Thanks for commenting on this issue. Basically I have created multiple forms on our Jira Service Desk instance to serve customers and sometimes Internal users. There are some of these Internal form I will like only IT and HR to have access to and not the entire company. Does this help?  

Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2021

Hi twilliams,

Somewhat, thanks. The easy solution is to have an internal and external projects since the project manages request type access and you're looking to separate request types between customer types / organizations.

Alternatively, you could try any number of things that are costly or hard to maintain. There is an outside chance that you could use a condition on the create transition of specific workflows to prevent a set of users from seeing a specific request type, but I do not know if this is possible or what your specific set up is.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events