Resolution stays fixed after reopen

Alexandre Phiev June 16, 2020

Hi,

I noticed that my support requests reopened do not clear the resolution field. So my customers are not able to filter for it in open cards. 

I do have a "Clear resolution" setting on the transition but that has no effect. 

3 comments

Mathis Hellensberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2020

Hmm.. that should be the way to do it. Can you check and see what the log says?

Alexandre Phiev June 17, 2020

Hi! Which logs are you mentioning here? How do I access those in JIRA Cloud?

Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2020

Hi Alexandre,

I would recommend copying the workflow, deleting / recreating the post-function that clears resolution, and associating the 'new' workflow with the issues. Other than that, this sounds like an indexing issue and you may want to contact Atlassian Support. Cheers!

Alexandre Phiev June 17, 2020

It seems the "Clear resolution" setting is only applicable from the customer side of Service Desk. If I, as SD agent, do it from my side it won't work. 

I had to create a post function for that to happen. I followed this and it worked fine. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/clear-the-resolution-field-when-an-issue-is-reopened-in-jira-server-648381467.html 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events