Reset JSM instance

Mark Ward October 18, 2021

Hello all,

I have been sidetracked from my JSM installation and issue for the better part of 5 months.  I'm in the process of reacquainting myself with the product.  With that being said, what is the best way to reset the JSM instance back to the base defaults or do I need to reinstall the product?

Thanks,

Mark

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2021

Hey @Mark Ward, as there isn't a reset button, the easiest way is to restore a clean XML backup if you have one. I found an old question about the same topic; depending on your installation, you get some insights into that here. You can also look at Reconfigure Jira server with the Setup Wizard. However, since you're in the process of reacquainting yourself with the product, as you said, have you thought about Jira Service Management Cloud instead?

Mark Ward October 19, 2021

Ivan, 

Thanks for the response.  I will take a look at your suggestions.  As far as the JSM cloud product, we are currently licensed for the DC version at this time so this is the framework I am stuck with.  We will see what the future brings.

Thanks again for your help

Mark

Like Ivan Lima likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events