Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Required field is not linked' error is displayed in custom form

Jeff Reed March 23, 2022

We've created a new request type that requires the Summary and Attachment fields and then links to a custom form. When the Attachment field is set to Required, the form throws this error:

'Required' field is not linked
Link a field in this form with the Attachment Jira filed in the Request new purchase order portal form.
Required_Field_Error.png

I can't figure out how to link the Attachment field in the form, it is not an available field in the LINKED JIRA FIELD drop down.
LINKED_JIRA_FIELD.png

In order to work around the problem, I've had to disable the Attachment field as a required field in the request type:
Disable_Required_Attachment_Field.png

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2022

Hi @Jeff Reed 

This doesn't happen for me when I have a custom Request Type and have...

• Summary/Attachment as required in the Request Form
  • A Form below these fields, with a mix of linked/unlinked/required/optional fields

...assuming the form is replacing a Request Form (i.e in the Customer Portal.

It does error if the Form is being used for the option Create New Issue

This is because there's no direct link to a Request Form here, which is only available via the Portal. For this option, all fields would need to be on the Form itself, which is not possible with attachments as there's no form field for it.

There's similar variances for Summary - if it's not on the Form for this option, it just defaults at creation to the Form's name.

This has been confirmed as not a bug by Atlassian - see JSDCLOUD-11101 

I'd look for feature requests to vote for which are relevant to fields you need on Forms, such as allowing for attachments (see JSDCLOUD-10707 ) - to avoid the need to split fields between Request Form, and the additional Form.

Ste

Jamie MacDonald June 22, 2022

A workaround to this is to make the field not required in the request form, but use a field validator in the workflow. In my case we are sharing workflows across projects, so using JMWE I set a conditional field validator based on specific projects.

Not ideal, but it solved it for me.

Also, cascading fields do not work in forms, which can be problematic, but solved the same as attachments.

Ruby Domanico October 11, 2022

the problem with this is that approver field needs to be mandatory in the request type, otherwise the approver won't receive a notification.

Is there a workaround for this please?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events