Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesty type is missing on all the issues and it is showing No match.

Sri charan Thota August 6, 2020

Hi Team,

I found that Request type is showing "No Match" on my Issues. There are 3000 issues with that request type, all the issues have the same problem. 

I had analysed the issue and found that some one had delete the request type from the project. Due to this all the issues with that request type has been changed the value to NO match. 

This creates another issue with the customers. Customers are not able to view their queries in their portal. It is displaying requests in their portal. But after opening the request it is showing only the comments on the ticket and all the details like fields, description has been disappeared from the ticket.

I have recreated the request type but no luck. I changed the request type field value for all the issues using bulk option, still customers cannot see their queries. 

please help me in resolving this issue.

helpdesk.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Trevan Householder August 6, 2020

@Sri charan Thota That just means that those issues were not created through the portal. They were created with the "Create" button in Jira.

Here's how to identify those issues:

"Customer Request Type" is empty AND projectType = service_desk

You'll probably run into the 1000 issue limit so you'll need to modify the filter so you can get less than 1000 issues each time you run the search.

Then, perform a bulk edit to move the issues to the other Customer Request Type.

Sri charan Thota August 12, 2020

Hi @Trevan Householder ,

Thanks for the quick reply,

But I'm sure those requests were created through portal only and those were created by customers.

I think one of my team mate had deleted the request type. Due to this, the request type value has been changed to "no match" for all the issues  with the deleted request type.

The main problem is from the customers end. For those issues, customers could not see their query on their tickets. It only shows the comments on the ticket.

Even though I have created the same request type, but still customers could not see their queries.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events