Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requested Participant is a Distro

Joshua Thompson June 29, 2022

Have a user that has a corporate distro as his only email address.  He was added as a requested participant in one of our Helpdesk tickets.  When he receives email updates about said helpdesk ticket he cannot access the ticket to view it.  Is this expected due to the nature of his email address?  

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2022

I'm guessing the address of that distribution list is configured as the email of a specific user?

It makes sense then of course that if any user of that distribution list tries to access the ticket (and it's not logging in with the user linked to the email directly (or any other participants/reporter) they will get blocked because their own user account is not associated with the ticket.

Like @Jack Brickey says, using a distribution list as a reporter/participant is only going to give you issues..

If you need to share a ticket with multiple customers you might consider adding them all in an organisation and sharing the ticket with that organisation.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2022

Hi @Joshua Thompson , first I'm unsure how someone can have a distribution list as their only email. The nature of the distribution list is that it is a collection of emails. In any event you would have to add the distribution email as a customer. Obviously anyone on the distribution list is going to be getting these notifications. So this is not something I would advise at all.

Joshua Thompson June 29, 2022

It is an odd case, I agree.  Makes sense though. Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events