• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

RequestCacheImpl will throw the IllegalStateException Edited

Hi everyone,

I've just finished install our new Jira Service Desk server, without any addon yet.

Everything works fine, minus a little lack of reactivity, but there's this thing.

The atlassian-jira.log is flooded continuously (~3 times by second : 21Mo/20minutes) by theses lignes :

<Date><Time> SdSerialisedOffThreadProcessor:thread-x WARN [c.a.j.cache.request.RequestCacheImpl] Incorrect usage of JIRA API. You can only create/use: RequestCacheImpl inside a context (request of Jira-Thread-Local). Check JiraThreadLocalUtil for details.
<Date><Time> SdSerialisedOffThreadProcessor:thread-x WARN [c.a.j.cache.request.RequestCacheImpl] From Jira 9.0 version creation/usage of RequestCacheImpl will throw the IllegalStateException

The "thread-x" change in this order in : "thread-2", "thread-1', "thread-4", "thread-3", "thread-5".

The virtual server have 8Go RAM, 30Go HDD, on a air-gapped network.

I've used the 4.9.1 installer (.bin) of Jira Service Desk. I've had this error with PostgreSQL in 9.2 (not officially supported) but it's still there after installing PostGresql 11.8.

It is only a WARN but it ruins the logs, preventing us to integrate it to our syslog.

I've tried disabling selinux and "chown -R jira /var/atlassian" and /opt/atlassian without change

I wonder about the "Jira 9.0" entry, i've found nowere such version. I've search and search everywhere and it seems that nobody ever came accross this error.

Can someone please help me ?

5 answers

Hi,

I reported this problem to Atlassian yesterday.

I am not sure when the problem was introduced. But I think it was still okay two weeks ago. (It happened on my dev instance which I usually throw away once per month).

Best regards,
Christopher 

Like Natasha Kyrychenko likes this

Ok, thanks !

I'm glad that's not only my instance

appear also in JIRA 8.10.0 and Servicedesk 4.10.0

Like Dawn Fama likes this

Same problem

Strange it is eating up the disk space for log files

Hi,

As it doesn't appear to break a single thing, i've change the log property for this entry.

Find the log4j.properties and edit.

Add something like :

log4j.logger.com.atlassian.jira.cache.request.RequestCacheImpl = ERROR, console, filelog

Save and restart Jira.

The fix by Atlassian does not fix all of it. Atlassian created a new bug report for it  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-20643

Same here :-( 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

209 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you