Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RequestCacheImpl will throw the IllegalStateException

Arnaud Serrut June 19, 2020

Hi everyone,

I've just finished install our new Jira Service Desk server, without any addon yet.

Everything works fine, minus a little lack of reactivity, but there's this thing.

The atlassian-jira.log is flooded continuously (~3 times by second : 21Mo/20minutes) by theses lignes :

<Date><Time> SdSerialisedOffThreadProcessor:thread-x WARN [c.a.j.cache.request.RequestCacheImpl] Incorrect usage of JIRA API. You can only create/use: RequestCacheImpl inside a context (request of Jira-Thread-Local). Check JiraThreadLocalUtil for details.
<Date><Time> SdSerialisedOffThreadProcessor:thread-x WARN [c.a.j.cache.request.RequestCacheImpl] From Jira 9.0 version creation/usage of RequestCacheImpl will throw the IllegalStateException

The "thread-x" change in this order in : "thread-2", "thread-1', "thread-4", "thread-3", "thread-5".

The virtual server have 8Go RAM, 30Go HDD, on a air-gapped network.

I've used the 4.9.1 installer (.bin) of Jira Service Desk. I've had this error with PostgreSQL in 9.2 (not officially supported) but it's still there after installing PostGresql 11.8.

It is only a WARN but it ruins the logs, preventing us to integrate it to our syslog.

I've tried disabling selinux and "chown -R jira /var/atlassian" and /opt/atlassian without change

I wonder about the "Jira 9.0" entry, i've found nowere such version. I've search and search everywhere and it seems that nobody ever came accross this error.

Can someone please help me ?

5 answers

0 votes
Tomáš Vrabec September 21, 2020

Same here :-( 

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2021

+1

0 votes
Christopher Schommer July 17, 2020

The fix by Atlassian does not fix all of it. Atlassian created a new bug report for it  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-20643

0 votes
Arnaud Serrut July 9, 2020

Hi,

As it doesn't appear to break a single thing, i've change the log property for this entry.

Find the log4j.properties and edit.

Add something like :

log4j.logger.com.atlassian.jira.cache.request.RequestCacheImpl = ERROR, console, filelog

Save and restart Jira.

0 votes
Heiko Gerlach July 6, 2020

Strange it is eating up the disk space for log files

0 votes
Christopher Schommer June 19, 2020

Hi,

I reported this problem to Atlassian yesterday.

I am not sure when the problem was introduced. But I think it was still okay two weeks ago. (It happened on my dev instance which I usually throw away once per month).

Best regards,
Christopher 

anvar.sadikhov June 19, 2020

:(

Like Natasha Kyrychenko likes this
Christopher Schommer June 21, 2020

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-6897

A bug report was created, please upvote it!

Arnaud Serrut June 21, 2020

Ok, thanks !

I'm glad that's not only my instance

Alexander Siahaan June 29, 2020

appear also in JIRA 8.10.0 and Servicedesk 4.10.0

Like Dawn Fama likes this
Dawn Fama July 7, 2020

Same problem

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events