cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Type in Portal shows multiple projects

David
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2022

We have 2 Jira Service Management projects setup. Each project represents a different product and a completely different set of customers. I just noticed that in the customer portal, the Request Type dropdown lists both projects along with their request types.

How do I limit this so only the correct project shows? Our end users should not see both projects. What happened today was a customer came across this dropdown and somehow submitted a ticket to the wrong project.

Thanks for your help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2022

Hi Drue,

If you have public sign up enabled, and the service management projects are open to all users, then the behavior here might be working as expected.  I suspect that you would have to restrict at least one of these projects so that only specific users have permissions to open requests in a project. 

These are the two documents that go into more detail about making a change like this.  You might need to consider how users are then able to get added to a project like this one before making a change here. Agents or administrators would need to add new users to the portal before these users could then create requests in that project.

Andy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events