Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Participants Field missing

Joshua MD November 3, 2021

ANSWER:
Connect to the database and mark all the Jira modules to true. My error was due to the upgrade disabling all Jira modules for the install. Once I went into the database and re-enabled all the modules, this corrected the problem.

Hi There,

We upgraded our server to the latest version and we are now missing fields under our People part of the ticket. I can no longer add Requested Participants and when I look into the fields in the admin panel, they are missing completely. 

I have tried reinstalling and no luck.

Jira Issue.png

1 answer

1 vote
Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2021

Hi  @Joshua MD ,

did you check "atlassian-jira.log" in the fact after "refresh screen"?

Maybe you can find something relating this issue there.

Do you have any 3 party application what "hide fields"?

is this project "Service Management project"? Have you checked the license?

Best regards!

Hi Juan,

I am currently restoring from a backup before any of the upgrades took place. Once the server is restored, I will take snapshots, and attempt the upgrade process again and attach the logs if the problem persists.

We only use a SSO plugin for authentication and I did the app upgrade tool to make sure there was not any incompatible versions. We don't use any third party tools to hide fields either. 

I checked the license and it was fully licensed in the application.

Soon as I have my recovery done, I will review.

So I am seeing this error on my main ticketing system. My Jira software, my other Jira Service desk and Confluence is fine. When I click install, It errors out after a bit and says check the logs.

UPDATE:

Figured it out. Our one Jira install had all modules disabled in the database. after enabling them with a database command it corrected the install.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events