Reporting on all tickets with external comments

Jeff Warren May 20, 2021

Hi all 

I have an ITSM project and the client is requesting a weekly report to show each ticket, status etc. plus external comments which is proving very difficult. 

My preference would be a live report in Confluence, I'm hopeful, and the next is an excel output where I can customize which fields are output plus the comments; I want to remove internal comments so there needs to be an allowance for that.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good report that will do this? 

So far, I have found an app called Exporter Cloud but fell short on being able to delineate internal and external comments.

Thanks all

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

@Jeff Warren Comments are always difficult to extract.  There are several apps that maybe you have already looked at here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=jira-service-management&query=export

I am not sure if any of the other ones that are listed have the ability to identify internal or external comments.  You might look at Xporter and Advanced Export.

Jeff Warren May 26, 2021

Good advise. I found that Advanced Export did a great job of displaying the data. It didn't show you the external or internal comments - I just cleaned up the internal comments and I'm now away.

Thanks Brant

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events