Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporter can't see "Share" / "+" icon on Service Desk Portal

Elif Alverson December 12, 2022

Hello,

Reporter is not able see the "Share" / "+" icon on Service Desk Portal. I have updated the Jira Service Desk Permission Scheme by adding the reporter to edit issue-project permissions. The Service Project Customer - Portal Access was already available in the Jira Service Desk Permission Scheme. What am I missing? Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Samet Yildiz December 12, 2022

Hello @Elif Alverson

did you check already the "customer permissions" under project settings?

image.png

Quote:

You have set the customer's ability to share tickets to 

"Other customers in their organization. This option only allows them to search for customers in their organization."

...but then you don't add the customers to Organizations. If they are not in Organizations, then there is nobody with whom they can share their tickets with the above setting selected.

If you want customers to be able to share tickets with other customers, also not put them in Organizations, then you'll have to select this setting:

"Any customer in the project, by manually entering an email address."

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Customers-cannot-quot-Share-quot-an-issue/qaq-p/1468408

Thank you for your quick response. Yes, this was already checked.

I was reading about this one, and they are saying that the internal customers need to have a license to share tickets. Is that still accurate?

Screenshot 2022-12-12 at 12.30.11 PM.png

I found another read about this issue.  I guess need to try all of these before I assign them licenses.

Samet Yildiz December 13, 2022

No, customers do not need a license to share requests/tickets.

Elif Alverson December 13, 2022

It seems like none of these methods work other than providing them a service management license. 

They were able to see the "+" icon however they were not able to add anyone in the organization by using the email addresses.

Like Kayla Lazarowski likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events