Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report: Display Hours Logged and Estimate (custom field)

Jordan Nussbaum December 9, 2020

Hello,

I'm looking for a way report on issue hours worked by resource and also display what the original estimate for issue resolution as well.

Essentially, need a way to track how many hours are worked, are they over the estimate or under? This will allow me to discover overages and report status to executives. I would like this to my automated to run every week.

I hope that all makes sense and is possible.

TIA

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2020

Hi @Jordan Nussbaum,

Jira has a built-in field called Workratio, which calculates the percentage of time spent vs original estimate.

You can build any filter and include that field in the results:

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 08.11.17.png

I don't have much data in my test instance, but I hope you get the idea. You can use workratio in your filters as well to surface issues that were completed with an overrun like this:

Project = <your project> and Resolution |= Unresolved and Workratio > 100

That example would show all resolved issues where time spent was more than the original estimate.

Build a couple of such filters to highlight the things you would like to report on. And then use them to build a proper dashboard where you group them nicely together.

Using a dashboard would not require to automate anything, as your data is always available in real time. But you can use a filter subscription to get a weekly overview of tickets by email as well (after you save a filter, select details next to the filter name > subscriptions)

kr,

Walter

0 votes
Jordan Nussbaum December 10, 2020

Thanks @Walter Buggenhout

We are using a custom field for estimates (it was just set up that way) so this may not work for me. However, this is definitely helpful to know and I will play around with it to see if there is a way I can implement.

In the meantime, I have created a dashboard and will take your advice on email automation from my filter...

Sincerely appreciate your help.

Stay well,

Jordan

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders