Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to customer with Portal URL instead of JSD URL

chris_duncan December 3, 2020

I'll add a watcher to a JSD issue. Sometimes I ask the Watchers for info or feedback. These Watchers are not agents or admins so they need to use the Portal to add comments.

When I 'Reply to customer' from the Issue in JSD [Cloud], JSD sends an email to the requestor and Watchers, BUT the URL in the email links to the Issue in JSD where they cannot add comments.

Is there any way I can set this URL in the reply to the Portal URL for the Issue instead of the JSD URL?
Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

Watchers are setup to access the issue through Jira and not the portal thus the link issue.  If you add them as a request participant then they will get the link for the portal.  This will work for you if the comment you are posting is public.  If it needs to be internal then they will have to be a watcher.

chris_duncan December 8, 2020

Thank you Brant, very clear and concise.

I'd read this this support doc (though it's for 'server' I thought it would apply). And in this specific instance, the 'Watcher' I'd added actually has Jira access and is an agent on another project, but he could not comment as a Watcher despite correct issue level permission settings. 

We'll default to 'Participants' for all non-agents on this project.

Chris.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

Also welcome to the community.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events