'Reply to Customer' does not send reply to agent

Karolina Veberaite August 28, 2020

Under project settings -> customer notifications -> public comment added

Exclude person who caused the action is unchecked

to: is set to 'customers involved'

We are using a custom email (help@123.com) to receive the requests. Any thoughts on what the issue might be?

2 answers

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2020

Hi Karolina,

I understand that you have Jira Service Desk Agents that are not getting notifications when using a reply to customer transition.  However I don't necessarily expect them to get a notification when this happens.  Mainly because these agents tend to be the user that causes that action.  Even if the notification scheme is setup to send all events to the assignee, there is another setting in each user's personal profile that can easily override this.

Check out Manage your Jira personal settings for more details.  Under the section of that page called 'Select the email notifications you want' it explains that each users can choose what notifications they want to receive.  By default, all users have the checkbox called 'You make changes to an issue' unchecked.  This is done to avoid Jira being overly chatty and sending out too many email notifications, especially for events that this user is well aware of because they are the ones to trigger it in many cases.

I'm not certain if that explains your situation here, as I don't know exactly which user is triggering this 'reply to customer' transition.  But if that does not help, then as a Jira Administrator, you might want to try out the Notification Helper in order to better understand if a particular user is expected to get a notification on a specific issue for a specific action.  This utility can help a lot because if it confirms that they are not expected to get notified, then it tends to have quick links to the notifications schemes that you can then easily adjust.

Try this and let me know if this helps.

Andy

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2020

Are you using a Classic or Next Gen service desk project?

Does this affect all agents?

Notifications to the agent/assignee of a service desk issue would be managed by the Notification Scheme assigned to a Classic Service Desk Project. Check if the Issue Commented event is sending a notification to Current Assignee.

Karolina Veberaite August 31, 2020

Hi @Trudy Claspill ! We are using a classic service desk project and it does affect all agents. 

We do have that setting checked, if an issue is commented, it is set to inform: 

• All Watchers
  • Current Assignee
  • Reporter

Any other areas to check/update that may be affecting this?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events